Monday, March 12, 2012

Better late than never, right?


Let's pretend for a second that it isn't March and I'll tee you what I made for the Super Bowl.

(The sad part is this is probably the easiest thing with the least amount of ingredients and it's taken me a MONTH to post it.  Procrastination is a skill I learned in college, I'm a pro.)

Easy Pulled Pork

What you need:
Pork Butt (1-3 lbs depending on how many you're feeding.  I used 3 for about 8 people)
1/2 bottle BBQ sauce (Sweet Baby Rays for me)
1 can cola (The recipie called for diet Pepsi, I used diet Dr. Pepper since that's what we had on hand aka: Nick's favorite drink)
Lawry's Seasoning salt

What you do:
Coat pork with seasoning salt (I had to remove some extra fatty pieces of my pork before doing this).
Put in slow cooker with soda and BBQ sauce.
Cook for 4 hours on low.
Use two forks to shred meat while still in slow cooker (this is a very warm task, I was sweating by the end of it lol).
Let cook one more hour to soak up juices.
Serve on buns :)

I was very happy with the results and everyone else seemed to enjoy it as well (unless all of my friends are liars).  It was super easy and fed a lot people, half of which were boys.

Enjoy! 

1 comment: