Monday, March 12, 2012

Easy Chicken Lo Mein


Two whole recipes in one day!  It must be Christmas...or the end of my spring break.

This next recipe is not as dated as my Super Bowl pork.  I made this one for Nick and myself the last week of February.  I got distracted with preparing for my Spring Break in Key West and failed to post in a timely fashion.  So here it is.

Crockpot Chicken Lo Mein

What you need:
2 Tbl Butter (or oil for cooking chicken)
1 lb chicken tenders (or you can use thighs or breast, as long as they're skinless and boneless)
1 cup stir-fry sauce
1 onion, chopped
1 can water chestnuts
1 16 oz. package frozen stir-fry veggies (Publix has a Japanese blend)
8oz. box spaghetti

What you do:
Melt butter in a 10-ich skillet. 
Cut chicken into small strips and toss in skillet on medium-high heat.  
Cook until brown, stirring occasionally (about 5-7 minutes)
Place in crockpot.
Add stir-fry seasoning, onion, and water chestnuts.
Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours.
For the last 30 minutes of cooking turn to high and stir in the veggies.
Cook pasta as directed.
Stir in with chicken and veggies before serving.


We thought this turned out really well, much better than our first Chinese crockpot attempt of General's chicken.  Nick loved it and claimed the left overs.

That's all for now, I am officially caught up on recipes.  I do have a yummy dish planned for this Wednesday and my goal is to have it posted by this time next week...we'll see how that goes.


1 comment: